About the Chairperson – Nita Ambani
About Reliance Foundation
- Direct Engagement
- Leveraging Technology
- Creating Models of Development
- Long Term Sustainability
- Outcome and Impact Orientation
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), through Reliance Foundation, has significantly contributed to and made measurable progress toward its vision of an inclusive India.
Moving well beyond its business activities, the RIL Group contributes to a positive societal impact through diverse community engagement initiatives.
Led by Founder Chairperson Smt. Nita M Ambani, Reliance Foundation was set up in 2010 to provide impetus to various philanthropic initiatives of Reliance Industries Limited.
The efforts of the group have already touched the lives of more than 70 million people across India in more than 54,300 villages and several urban locations.
At Reliance Foundation, our vision is to build an inclusive India by pioneering a holistic model to address our nation’s multifaceted development challenges, and contribute to its collective aspirations. Central to our philosophy is the commitment to enhance the quality of life of people from marginalised and vulnerable communities, by empowering them and catalysing change through innovative and sustainable solutions. Our steadfast endeavour is to create replicable and scalable models of development through an integrated approach in the true Reliance spirit of maximising societal value for all, and making it a movement.
The Foundation has a comprehensive development approach.
Its prime objective is to create and support meaningful activities through innovative institutions to address some of India’s most pressing developmental challenges.
The three-pronged strategy of Reliance Foundation includes direct engagement, collaborations through partnerships and leveraging technology to create an ecosystem of development, comprising leaders of tomorrow who nudge communities to a more sustainable future.
Over the years, Reliance Foundation’s initiatives have continued to evolve, while remaining responsive to the ever-changing needs of society.
The Foundation is currently focusing on Rural Transformation, Health, Education, Sports for Development, Disaster Management, Women Empowerment , Arts, Culture & Heritage and Urban Renewal.
To maximise its reach and improve outcomes, Reliance Foundation has also established strategic partnerships with organisations that have the technical expertise and experience to undertake various programmes in the identified focus areas of operation.
- Reliance received the Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility – 2021.
- Reliance Foundation received ‘Award for Corporate Leadership in ESG (Environmental, Social, & Governance)’ from The CSR Journal – Excellence Awards 2021.
- Reliance Jio received CHRO Innovation award for its Khayal Rakhna initiative as the Best Employee Engagement Team of the Year. This programme included volunteering initiatives such as Jio Digital Monsoon camp where employees and their families could contribute for a social cause from the safety of their homes.
- Reliance Foundation received the Gold Globee® Business Excellence 2021 Award for its Work from Home implementation, which includes Khayal Rakhna initiative.
- Reliance Industries Ltd adjudged as the Best Corporate (Large category) in the 5th edition of the ICSI CSR Excellence awards.
- Reliance Foundation won India Today-MDRA Special Healthgiri Award 2020 under Category “Best Far Reaching Corporate Contribution for a Wider Social Impact” during COVID-19 pandemic.
Sports for Development
- At the prestigious Annual Sportstar Aces Awards, Reliance Foundation was conferred the ‘Sports for Social Change (Chairperson’s Choice)’ Award instituted by The Hindu Media Group (for the year 2021-2022).
- Reliance Foundation won the FICCI India Sports award 2018 in the category of “Best NGO Promoting Sports” in the country. The award was presented by Mr Vijay Goel, Minister of State, Government of India on October 25 in New Delhi.
- For its contribution towards promotion of sports, Reliance Foundation was awarded Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar by the Honourable President on the occasion of National Sports Day (for the year 2021-2022).
- Reliance Foundation received the CII DX Award 2021 under ‘Innovation in CSR through Digital Transformation” category for improving rural livelihoods.
- Reliance Foundation’s Machli App announced winner of World Summit Awards 2021 for providing digital solutions contributing to the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Machli, AI-based Mobile Application for marine fisherfolk conferred mBillionth South Asia Award for the year of 2020-21 in the category ‘Agriculture & Environment’ for providing a one-stop solution to all needs of the fishing community.
- Reliance Foundation was conferred IAA Olive Crown Award 2022 under ‘Green NGO of year- Silver’ category for its green initiatives aimed at conserving natural resources and promoting ecological sustainability across India.
- Reliance Foundation bagged the CII National Awards for Excellence in Water Management in the “Beyond the Fence” category for two consecutive years (2019 and 2020).
- Reliance Foundation was awarded the 10th AEGIS Graham Bell Award 2019 under the category of “Application for Social Good” for its mobile application ‘Machli’ developed for the benefit of marine fisher men.
- Reliance Foundation bestowed with mBillionth Award South Asia under Agriculture & Environment Category for its information services to farmers, fish folks and livestock owners for two years ( 2017 & 2021).
- Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital won the Mid Day Multispecialty Hospital Award for 2021.
- Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital’s vaccination programme won the Best Vaccine Programme by a Private Hospital at the India Today Healthgiri awards for the year 2021-2022.
- Reliance Foundation was recognised as finalist under ‘INNOVATION@ COVID 19’ category and received a ‘certificate of recognition’ at mBillionth South Asia Award 2021 for its initiative on ‘Technology driven solutions for addressing supply chain and sustaining rural livelihoods’.
Reliance Foundation's work, through its partnerships, has brought about lasting change across different sectors and regions in India. The efforts of the Foundation have already touched the lives of more than 5.75 crore people across India in more than 50,600 villages and several urban locations. Our approach is holistic and integrated, and we aim to create world-class institutions through each of our programmes and synergies between our various programmes to maximise their effectiveness. This annual report highlights stories of impact from the last year.
With the vision of empowering the most at need through social development, we collaborate actively with social impact organisations, private and government stakeholders. So far, our work through its partnerships has enabled us to impact over 5.1 crore lives across 44,700 villages in India. Reliance Foundation's work through its partnerships has brought about lasting change across different sectors and regions in India. This annual report highlights stories of impact from the last year along with our efforts in supporting India through the pandemic.
Reliance Foundation seeks to build a stronger and more inclusive India through sustainable development. This year RF completed 10 years of transforming lives. This annual report charts the journey of the foundation over the last decade, key highlights from 2019-20, as well as an overview of RF’s Covid response efforts in 2020.
2018 - 2019
Reliance Foundation (RF), the philanthropic arm of Reliance Industries Limited, play a catalytic role in addressing the nation’s development challenges through innovative and sustainable solutions. Led by Smt. Nita M. Ambani, RF is working towards facilitating transformative changes to ensure overall well-being and higher quality of life for all.
2017 - 2018
Reliance Foundation support the efforts of Reliance Industries in achieving economic equality and sustainable development; leading to transformational change and improvement in the lives of marginalised sections of society. Under the leadership of Smt. Nita M. Ambani, the initiatives of RF have registered an impressive growth.
2016 - 2017
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has achieved significant milestones and measurable progress in the last 40 years. The Company has always believed in creating societal value through its philanthropic activities for more than two decades, with its approach towards social development evolving as per contemporary needs over the years.
2015 - 2016
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has made a significant contribution and measurable progress towards its vision of inclusive development in India. Beyond its business operations, RIL continuously strives to make a difference to underprivileged communities through its philanthropic ventures.
2014 - 2015
Since its inception in 2010, Reliance Foundation has been working towards improving the lives of the marginalized and vulnerable communities across rural and urban areas. The Foundation strives to achieve sustainable inclusive development by undertaking initiatives towards enhancing rural livelihoods, providing access to quality health care.
2013 - 2014
Reliance Foundation has a comprehensive development approach. Its prime objective is to support meaningful activities through innovative institutions to address some of India’s most pressing developmental challenges.
At Reliance, growth is not just centered on profits; we place sustainable development at the core of our business decisions and align our sustainability strategy with our business goals.
Reliance Foundation is a non-profit organization that aspires to Change Lives and Empower India. We seek highly motivated and qualified individuals to engage with Reliance Foundation in areas of Rural Transformation, Health, Education, Sports for Development, Disaster Response, Arts, Culture & Heritage, and Urban Renewal. Our team plays an important role in making a difference to the lives of the underprivileged.
Guided by an immensely spirited team, Reliance Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Join the movement now!